Terre des hommes is looking for a Grants Manager to join its team in Moldova. The successful candidate speaks English, Romanian, and Russian.
Duty Station: Chisinau, with occasional travel to project communities
Working time: part time (20 hours), with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Country Director Moldova, Project Manager
Start date: February 2018
Knowledge, Attitude and Experience Required
- At least 3 years of experience in working with civil society grants programs, including monitoring activity and financial milestones, reporting on results, and ensuring compliance with donor requirements;
- Familiarity with public and private donor rules and regulations;
- Experience of working in rural communities and with grass-roots organizations is an asset;
- Experience of working with child protection, social inclusion, or community development projects and organizations is an asset. Child protection attitude is a requirement;
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to work in a team in a consensual manner and to encourage full participation;
- Ability to multi-task, handle pressure, work with limited supervision;
- University degree in management, law, social assistance or other related field.
Please send your CV and a maximum one page letter of motivation in English or Romanian language to email@example.com, no later than 14 January, 2018. Please indicate “Grants Manager” in the subject line. The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Coordination and monitoring of community grants programs, including among others:
- Develop documentation for the request of applications;
- Conduct grants orientation activities for interested organizations;
- Organize grants selection processes in full compliance with donor and Terre des hommes rules and procedures;
- Monitor implementation of grant activities and management of awarded funds;
- Provide technical support to grant recipients, ensuring efficient implementation of projects, compliance with donor and Terre des hommes rules and procedures, and timely programmatic and financial reporting;
- Build and maintain collaborative relations with relevant civil society organizations, public authorities, and individuals;
- Contribute to writing project reports and planning project events.
Background on Terre des hommes
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organization for child relief. Founded in 1960, Terre des hommes helps to build a better future for disadvantages children and their communities. Tdh is active in 38 countries around the world and, in 2016 alone, provided aid to more than 8 million children and their close families. Working in Moldova since 2004, Terre des hommes is dedicated to ensuring the fulfilment of Children’s fundamental rights and the proper protection of all children in Moldova. More information about the work of Terre des hommes may be obtained on our websites: www.tdh-moldova.md; www.tdh.ch.