The Terre des hommes - Child relief organization, the Kosovo Delegation, seeks to recruit Assistant Teacher under service contract under the project "Improving access and (re)integration in basic education of Migrant and Returned Children and Families in Kosovo" supported by Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
General Conditions: Service Contract
Start Date: September 2017;
Duration of contract: 4 months with possibility of extension
Terre des hommes Mission in Kosovo is a non-profit organization that has been functioning for more than 15 years in the field of child rights and child protection, leading the establishment and strengthening of a national child protection system in Kosovo. Terre des hommes's expertise spans from direct psycho-social interventions with vulnerable children and their family members and community members, to strengthen local, regional and governmental institutions, and key actors through capacity building and on-job in order to develop and implement child-sensitive structures, policies, standards and procedures. Terre des hommes Kosovo has two main intervention programs: 1) Child Protection and 2) Migration and Anti-Trafficking.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of the Assistant Teacher position is to provide support to migrant and returnee children to Kosovo and other vulnerable groups through additional tuition organized in primary and junior secondary schools in the municipalities as follows:
“Hilmi Rakovica” school – 1 position;
“Dardania” school – 1 position;
“Xheladin Rekaliu” school – 1 position;
“Enver Maloku” school – 1 position;
“Anton Zakon Çajupi” school – 1 position;
“Mustafë Venhari” school – 1 position.
Village Poceste shkolla “Pjetër Budi” - 1 positions;
Village Qyshk shkolla “Skender Qeku” - 1 positions;
Village Treboviq shkolla “Gj.K.Skëndërbeu” - 2 positions;
School “Tefik Canga” - 1 position;
Village Budisalc, School “Nënë Tereza” - 1 position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide students with support in homework, writing and reading on an individual basis and in small groups;
- Provide additional support to pupils with difficulties in learning;
- To help develop the curriculum and activities by adapting teaching methods based on the needs of children;
- To motivate and encourage pupils to improve learning outcomes;
- To exchange experience with regular school teachers;
- To keep record of attendance of students;
- To refer cases of children where and when there are suspicions of the possibilities of abuse, neglect and other forms of violation of their safety in the Community Advisory Group supported by Terre des hommes;
- To submit monthly reports to Terre des hommes;
DURATION OF THE CONTRACT:
The contract is drawn up for a period of four (4) months, from September 2017 to December 2017, with the possibility of extension.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Diploma of the Faculty of Education, or appropriate teaching qualification;
- Minimum 3 years of working experience with children in the field of education;
- Good teaching and class management skills;
- High ethics of work, humanity, patience and proven motivation for working with children;
How to apply:
All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this position and submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Letter of Motivation;
With the subject:
Ndihmës Mësues/e-Komuna Pejë - “Pjetër Budi”;
Ndihmës Mësues/e-Komuna Pejë - “Skender Qeku”;
Ndihmës Mësues/e-Komuna Pejë - “Gj.K.Skëndërbeu”;
Ndihmës Mësues/e-Komuna Ferizaj - “Tefik Canga”;
Ndihmës Mësues/e-Komuna Klinë - “Nënë Tereza”;
The application for this position is open from 21st of August, 2017 to 27th of August, 2017. Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Child Safeguarding policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to the high numbers of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to everyone individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.