CHILD PROTECTION HUB PROJECT
Child Protection Hub started in 2015 and grew to become a regional network for child protection professionals in the SEE region and wider. Original Childhub partners are from Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Romania, Moldova, Albania, Kosovo and Bulgaria, coordinated by Tdh Regional office in Budapest and we are expanding!
What is the purpose of the Childhub project?
Years ago, it was recognized child protection professionals are tasked to carry out important and difficult work, but lack training and resources for their work. The Childhub aims to support them in this regard, providing knowledge, capacity building and networking opportunities for all those whose daily work includes working with children, parents, NGOs and anyone interested to learn more about developments and challenges in this field. An online platform is being operated in seven local languages and English, providing daily updates, tools and resources for around 6000 members. In addition, Childhub countries work with some of the top national experts in the field, organizing trainings for professionals and many other activities.
We are now looking for help to manage and translate content on Childhub!
What does it include?
- Translating news, summaries and multimedia materials from local language to English and the other way around
- Summarizing news and publications before publishing them on the website
- Finding out available content which is yet not on the website
This is an online based position. You need a computer and good internet connection, but the whole work will be done online, the location where you are is not relevant for this position. Selected candidates will get online training and technical support from their supervisor during their work!
Please note this position in unpaid.
- Native or Proficient in at least one of the following languages: Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, Romanian, Albanian, Russian, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Greek or English
- Excellent writing skills and command of grammar
- Interest in child protection
- Comfortable using different digital tools and working with technology
- Experience in translation is an asset
- Attention to details and ability to combine extra-curriculum work with other responsibilities (study, work, etc)
Join us and you can:
- Improve your writing and translation skills
- Get knowledge about child protection related topics and ongoing developments in this field
- Learn how to manage website, improve your skills in working with digital tools
- Be part of a regional child protection project, get new contacts and learn about opportunities that come along the way!
- Certificate confirming you took part in Childhub project, and depending on your results we can issue a personal recommendation or serve as a contact point to provide such recommendations in the future when you apply to different programmes and positions.
To apply, please send your CV (not longer than 1 page) and a short motivation letter (max 3000 characters including space) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the motivation letter please answer following questions:
- Why do you apply and why you are interested in child protection topic in general
- Three skills you have that will benefit you in this position
- Two skills you would like to gain during your involvement with Childhub
- Period you would be available to participate (from 3 months to open ended)
Please indicate in the email subject: Virtual Translator and Content Editor for Childhub.
We are looking for 7-10 volunteers for each language and we will be reviewing applications as we get them, so apply as soon as possible!
We will check the applications and select the best candidates who will get a quick entry test to do. The test results will be the basis for the final selection.
Those who are selected will receive training and get all relevant guidance and instructions and will get a supervisor. Once a month Open office hour will be organized for everyone who would like to join, share questions, comments, feedback and ideas. Supervisors will be working closely with volunteers, provide you support and guidance, as well as monitor your work and progress.