Volunteer Opportunity begins in Autumn 2016
The Child Protection Hub/Terre des hommes is looking for volunteers to translate existing materials on the childhub website into Serbo-Croatian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Albanian or Russian language. This work can be done remotely with good internet access. Technical assistance will be provided in order to enable the volunteers to upload translated texts themselves - physical location is not an issue.
- Fluency in two or more languages including English, verbally and particularly in writing;
- A good understanding and in-depth knowledge of language/country-specific cultures, known as localisation
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to work quickly to meet deadlines;
- Excellent writing skills and command of grammar;
- Interest in child protection
- Previous professional experience in a translation position is an asset;
- Experience with websites and digital tools
Advanced English knowledge and fluency in Serbo-Croatian, Romanian, Hungarian, Albanian, Bulgarian or Russian is mandatory.
Time Commitment: Minimum 3 hours per week
Volunteer Opportunity Duration: Indefinite (Minimum 1 month)
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send a motivation letter and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in the subject line: Fall 2016 Volunteer Translator Application for ( list language(s) ).
Selected candidates will be required to sign and adhere to Tdh's child protection policy.