Purpose of the job:
Under the close supervision of Deputy Representative, the Adolescent Development/Youth Officer provides coordination in Adolescents and Youth programme/project formulation, design, planning and management with strategic focus on the achievement of UNICEF's Organizational priorities.
The Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process through the application of theoretical and technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing and presenting technical programme information and learning organizational rules, regulations and procedures, to support the development and formulation of the adolescent development and participation projects.
Summary of key functions and accountability:
- Knowledge Management for Programmes
- Programme Development and Management
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
- National and Local Capacity Building/Sustainability
- Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration
Required experience and skills:
- University degree in: Social Sciences, International Relations, Anthropology, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, Education, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum one year of professional experience in social development planning and management in adolescent development/young people related areas.
- Experience in community mobilization, coordination and facilitation.
- Experience in planning, organizing and facilitating workshops and meetings.
- Knowledge of Youth Policy and youth networks and organizations.
- High level of analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Fluency in Serbian and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
Closing date for applications: 8 November 2018.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply.
If you want to learn more about the job or to apply, you can do it through this link.