This webinar will be held by Paul Bercea, for professionals in sports, within the European project, "Keeping Children Safe in Sports". The following key points will be discussed:
- Implementing Keeping Children Safe in Sports policies and procedures across all sport clubs and recreational settings:
- What is the purpose?
- Why do we need to implement it?
- Who does this policy apply to?
- By when should we do this?
- How do we know it will be successful in keeping children safe in sports?
- Keeping Children Safe in Sports project: a team that supports all sport clubs and recreational settings
About the speaker
Paul Bercea has over 20 years of experience in child protection and safeguarding vulnerable children and young people, both in Romania and the UK. He has worked for statutory agencies (Lincolnshire Children’s Services) and children’s charities (Nspcc, Barnardo’s). He has also worked as a regional child safeguarding adviser (Europe), and a UK national trainer and consultant. Paul has delivered child safeguarding workshops (UEFA, 2018), safeguarding in football study group schemes (UEFA, 2019) and a Keeping Children Safe in Sport Training of Trainers (Romania and Greece, 2020).
Keeping Children Safe in Sports is a project implemented by Terre des hommes Romania and Terre des hommes Hellas, with the support of Tdh Hungary. The project is funded by the European Union's Rights, Equality and Citizenship Program (REC 2014–2020).