About the webinar:
Even the youngest children are all too often exposed to trauma and stressful information, including violence, hatred, and disastrous events. We can do our part to combat the negative impact of these events.
This webinar, part of the Trauma Solutions in Early Childhood Series, will be presented by trauma expert, Ileen Henderson. Ileen will describe the impact of trauma on young children, its effect on learning and child development and the importance of creating a space within your classroom, organization, office or lobby that supports children who have been impacted by trauma. With or without a budget, you can apply the principals of trauma-informed care to your program’s spaces to support children’s emotions and learning, respect of this challenging time in their lives, and support their development. With many years of experience in creating spaces for children in diverse settings for children who have experienced trauma, Ileen will help you think creatively about ways to include all the best early childhood principles and the latest in brain development theory into designing spaces where children find themselves during the aftermath of trauma and chronic stress.
In this powerful webinar, you will learn how to:
- Understand Toxic Stress and the impact of poverty on children’s brain development.by
- Review principles of Trauma-Informed Care as they relate to space and design.
- Better understand the role of Executive Function in development.
- Consider play and space design principles for kids experiencing trauma.
- Brainstorm your program’s child/family space.
You can register for the webinar here.