About the webinar
‘Small Steps Can Make a Big Difference’ is a collaborative pilot project being undertaken by the Safer Young Lives Research Centre (SYLRC) at the University of Bedfordshire and NGO Different and Equal. This youth participatory action research (YPAR) project is exploring young people’s perspectives in relation to seeking justice and support in the aftermath of sexual violence and exploitation in Albania.
The presenters will share emerging learning from this study including how to:
- navigate the ethical and practical intricacies of group work;
- train young people with no prior research knowledge or experience to become researchers;
- address ethical issues in relation to anonymity and confidentiality;
- safeguard and support participants including responding to needs arising from individual trauma histories;
- and manage risks and tensions between ‘protection’ and ‘participation’.
About the speaker
Dr. Silvie Bovarnick, Research Fellow at the SYLRC.Her interests are in the area of human rights, child protection and gendered violence. She has a background of working internationally on human rights issues, including child trafficking, and in engaging vulnerable groups in sexual violence research.
Mariana Meshi, Director of the organisation “Different & Equal" in Tirana Albania. 20 years of experience in addressing issues of trafficking and exploitation and Ht trainer in Albania.
How to join the webinar
Use the button above to sign up for the webinar. A few hours before the webinar, you will receive an email with the link to the webinar room and instructions on how to join. Joining our webinars is very easy, doesn't require any special skills from you and only takes a minute or two. You can join the webinar from your computer, tablet or mobile phone.