The Child Protection Hub, Missing Children Europe and The University of East London would like to invite you to a webinar on 6 May 2021, at 14:30 – 16:00 CEST, to discover and discuss the Miniila app. Find a short summary of the app here.
Every year, thousands of unaccompanied minors go missing in Europe.
The COVID-19 outbreak has had a severe impact on children in migration, leading to slower procedures for asylum and family reunification, worsened sanitary conditions in camps and transit situations, and diminishing social contacts. Hence, lockdown situations across Europe do not protect children in migration from going missing, but on the contrary, may expose them to greater risks of becoming victims of trafficking, and sexual and labour exploitation. The Miniila app is a crucial digital tool for children in migration to access information about their rights and child protection services.
- Syed Hasnain, Project Officer for Children in Migration and Member of the EU commission expert group;
- Helen Moore Start, East London University;
- Murtaza Jafari, unaccompanied minor in Greece and Developer of Worldcom Social media for refugees
About the webinar:
- How can Miniila help children on the move and young newcomers?
- How can you upload your information and services to Miniila?
- What do minors think about Miniila?
- Learn more about the app to discuss it with your target group and be fully prepared for any questions that may arise.
Join us online to get first-hand insight into the app, and get tips and resources on how to talk about it with the children you want to help!
Some useful links:
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/MiniilaApp
Miniila videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MissingchildreneuropeEu/videos
Miniila Handbook for organisations and professionals.
Here is the link to subscribe to Miniila newsletter.
How to join the webinar:
Use the button above to sign up for the webinar. A few hours before the webinar, you will receive an email with the link to the webinar room and instructions on how to join. Joining our webinars is very easy, doesn't require any special skills from you and only takes a minute or two. You can join the webinar from your computer, tablet or mobile phone.