We would like to invite academics and practitioners of criminal justice, child rights and legal aids to attend the conference “Legal Aid for Children in Criminal Proceedings: child-friendly legal aid in focus”, on behalf of the project “Legal Aid for Children in Criminal Proceedings: developing and sharing best practices” (LA-CHILD) team.
The conference will be held on 11 February 2021, online, at Child Protection Hub (ZOOM platform), from 9:45–16:30 CET.
The language of the conference is English.
- Benoit Van Keirsbilck, Committee on the Rights of the Child;
- Ton Liefaard, Leiden University;
- Barbel Heinkelmann, European Commission;
- Anna Giudice, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC);
- Inês Carvalho, European Criminal Bar Association;
- Elisabeth Alofs and Sofie De Bus, Free University of Brussels;
- Eva Gangneux, Defence for Children International (DCI-Belgium);
- Klodian Gega, Center of Integrated Legal Services and Practices (CILSP, Albania);
- Agnė Limantė, Rūta Vaičiūnienė and Simonas Nikartas, Law Institute of Lithuania;
- Ton Liefaard, Education of Leiden Law School;
- Vicky Kemp, Criminal Justice Research Centre, School of Law, University of Nottingham;
- Khaled Quzmar, Defense for Children International Palestine (DCI Palestine);
- Arjana Fullani, former member of the Albanian Supreme Court, now in private practice;
- Raminta Gostautaite, Prosecutor General‘s Office of the Republic of Lithuania;
- Marcos De Barros, Terre des hommes Hungary (Tdh Hungary).
LA-Child project is co-funded by the EU. Project partners are: Law Institute of Lithuania (Lithuania), Defence for Children International (DCI-Belgium) and Center of Integrated Legal Services and Practices (CILSP, Albania). For more information about the project, please refer to: https://lachild.eu