YouCreate is an initiative of Terre des hommes, and was designed and carried out in partnership with the International Institute for Child Rights and Development. YouCreate is a Participatory Action Research (PAR) project aimed to train youth leaders, with the support of Adult Allies and the ‘Art-kit’ (training manual), to lead their peers in implementing participatory, arts-based research projects and ‘Art Actions’ — arts-based activities designed to address issues of significance to youth in their community.
This series of six e-modules will provide you with a basic introduction to the YouCreate PAR process. The PAR process consists of five cyclical phases:
- Introduction: Art-based participatory action research with youthQUIZ
- Map: Youth leaders and their adult allies will use arts-based activities to map out a baseline for their project, to set out roles and to create a vision.
- Explore: Youth leaders lead their peers through a series of art-based activities to explore their well-being and involvement in their communities and the arts.
- Plan: Youth leaders guide their peers to confirm and adjust the findings. They select a specific challenge to address, analyze root causes, and develop an arts-based project to address it.
- Art-Action: Youth implement, monitor and evaluate their arts-based project with the support of youth leaders and adult allies.
- Reflect & Share: Youth leaders guide youth to reflect on any changes that have occurred as a result of YouCreate.
This e-module series consists of a video series together with reflective activities in each module, and reading materials (Art-Kit, Guidance, Report) to learn about the YouCreate PAR process and explore how it might work for you!
This is a free, self-paced online course which should take you about 4–6 hours to complete.
The course is available in English, and upon completion you will receive a certificate from Terre des hommes and International Institute for Child Rights and Development.
In order to take the course you must create an account on the childhub.org platform. ChildHub is a community of child protection professionals, initiated by Terre des hommes and its partners in 2015.