The “Capacity Building of Child Protection Professionals” Training Manual joins the good practices of Tdh Moldova in strengthening the child protection system in Moldova through capacity building. It has been prepared in accordance with the training manuals produced by Terre des hommes Foundation on international level.
The manual includes four Trainings of Trainers:
- Psychosocial group activities with children;
- Psychosocial group activities with parents;
- Game Library – an alternative form of extra-school education;
- Case management in assisting children victims or potential victims of violence, neglect, exploitation and trafficking.
The training manual consists of two parts. The first part contains the four curricula, including the structure, of the ToTs mentioned above and the introduction of 36 constituent training modules. The second part of the manual contains the step-by-step description of all modules. The modules are assigned into five chapters: the general modules and the modules specific to each of the 4 curricula (hyperlinked above).
Below you can find the general modules:
- Child protection policy
- Perception and action
- Resilience and personal resources
- Communication and active listening
- Conflict resolution
- Stereotypes and prejudices
- The Abuse Neglect Exploitation and Trafficking Phenomenon
- Child's needs
- Age characteristics of children
- Feedback and self-knowledge
- The parents’ functions in raising and educating children