The “Capacity Building of Child Protection Professionals” Training Manual joins the good practices of Tdh Moldova in strengthening the child protection system in Moldova through capacity building. It has been prepared in accordance with the training manuals produced by Terre des hommes Foundation on international level.
The manual includes four Trainings of Trainers:
- Psychosocial group activities with children;
- Psychosocial group activities with parents;
- Game Library – an alternative form of extra-school education;
- Case management in assisting children victims or potential victims of violence, neglect, exploitation and trafficking.
The training manual consists of two parts. The first part contains the four curricula of the ToTs mentioned above and the introduction of 36 constituent training modules. The second part of the manual contains the step-by-step description of all modules. The modules are assigned into five chapters, the general modules and the modules specific to each of the 4 curricula. Each ToT is based on some general modules and the corresponding specific modules.
Below you can find the specific modules for the training of trainers “Psychosocial group activities with parents”:
- Training of adults. Principles, methods and techniques.
- Stages of group development during a training course.
- The management of challenging behaviours.
- Planning a training workshop
- Methodology for group activities with parents. Structure, trainer’s profile
- Motivation of parents
- Parent-child activity principles
- Positive disciplining