This induction course explains standards and procedures that Terre des Hommes follows to avoid and reduce chances of children being harmed by our programming. This course is for all staff members and volunteers of Terre des Hommes member organisations of the International Federation, for partner organisations and affiliates.
The online course follows international child safeguarding standards based on Keeping Children Safe that Terre des Hommes abides by.
Module 1: Introduction to child safeguarding and child harm
• ability to define child safeguarding, explain Terre des Hommes’ responsibility to keep children safe,
• list the reasons why children might be harmed by organisations even organisations that are trying to help them and list and describe four types of violence that lead to harm
Module 2: Preventing Violence against Children
• take preventative actions to reduce the possibility of children being harmed by our programming,
• carry out a risk assessment
Module 3: Recognising and Reporting Violence Against a Child
• recognise when children have been harmed or are at risk of being harmed,
• report harm and violence against a child properly,
• respond appropriately when a child tells you they have been harmed
The course lasts about forty-five minutes and ends with a quiz and a certificate of completion is available at the end.
We encourage you to take the course, it is free & open to all!
Also available in German
Also available in French