Seven INSPIRE strategies for ending violence against children is a compilation of effective, evidence-based interventions to support countries in ending violence against children. Measures recommended have proven to be effective in different countries around the world and can easily be tailored to the local context and local needs. The INSPIRE Handbook describes seven strategies and good practices from countries all over the world that have proven to be effective in reducing violence against children.
The seven strategies are:
1) Implementation and enforcement of laws
2) Norms and values
3) Safe environments - Physical and emotional safety in public spaces allows people to move freely, access community resources, and fully participate in learning, working, playing, and public life. Changes to the environment may influence individual and community behaviour by helping change people’s perceptions, attitudes and actions, encouraging positive behaviour, and reducing the risks of violence against – and by – children and adolescents. The Cardiff Model for Violence Prevention offers a simple, but effective solution to connect hospitals and police and reduce violence in your city or region. Below is a short summary on what Cardiff model is and how it works.
Interested to learn more? Watch a webinar we had with the founder of Cardiff Model for Violence Prevention here.
4) Parent and caregiver support
5) Income and economic strengthening
6) Response and support services, and
7) Education and life skills.
To learn more about INSPIRE strategies and how Childhub has been working with others to promote INSPIRE and reduce violence against children click here.